What Can I say about this recipe?! Well, it is actually a banana bread recipe that I have already shared on this blog! I just substituted a few ingredients and voila! I got a beautiful walnut & raisin bread (with apple & cinnamon as secret ingredients) which looks and tastes nothing remotely like a banana bread! I would actually call it a cake because it tasted gorgeous on its own and without any toasting!
So, without further adieu let us get to the recipe!
Unsalted butter ½ cup
Powdered sugar ½ cup
Yogurt 2 tbs
Apples (grated) 1 cup
All purpose flour 1 cup
Wheat flour 2/3 cup
Baking soda 1 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon powder 1 tsp
Walnuts (chopped) ½ cup
Raisins ¼ cup (dusted with flour – it helps prevent sinking at bottom)
- Cream butter and sugar at low speed.
- Add eggs one at a time and keep beating.
- Add yogurt.
- Mix grated apple with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to the apple mixture in three parts. Mix well with spatula. When mixed, add walnuts and raisins. Transfer the batter to greased and floured loaf pan. Or line the pan with greased butter paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree C for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Rest the pan on wire cooling rack for 10 minutes then take out and leave the bread on the wire rack until completely cooled down.
- Keep the bread refrigerated and use within 4-5 days.